Somewhere to share

Just a place to share photos and stories etc.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ode to a binky and fuzzy hair...




Well, Cole got the first binky, the green one from the hospital met with certain demise this morning, it fell on the floor during my 5 am pumping and feeding of David. We had a spare that I like better anyway, so the next one we get will be that style. We try not to use it too much, but it is essential in hushing him sometimes when you just can't drop everything (on the drive from the doctor to home) to feed or change him, and during changing, or between bottle refills, the boy can eat! I can't keep up anymore, but am pumping what I can to get him a supplemental feeding of mom between formula feedings. Hopefully I can keep feeding him like that for awhile still, he got enough from me to cure the mild jaundice he had (all babies at this altitude have some level of it) so that is very good!
I wanted to get a shot of his hair, it is so long and fuzzy when I brush it. He is like his dad and Grandma Jill, got some redish color to it, he has my dark blue eyes it seems, Charlies ears and brow line, looks like my family nose also... can't wait to see him change and grow into the person he will be!
I have learned to swaddle and Charlie is getting good at it too, I just taught him a new technique I learned from the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" (thanks Angela!)... it is very interesting and has been great for commercial breaks and breastfeeding, I try to carry it with me everywhere. David is much happier now that his food demands are being met again. So I can leave him napping longer and he slept two six hour spreads last night! He is an eater and is going to grow very fast!
It is great that Charlie can feed him for me also! David loves to nap on Daddies shoulder.
The dogs are doing good, Vodka and Cole are interested in him, but not overly, and are starting to "get over him" already, Cole I think is already tired of his crying, lol... she will moan at night if he fusses too long... but all are getting along great! Cole is happy to have Vodka back, I will try and take a pic of them again someday! :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooooo, I love the picture of his hair. I love all the pictures. I love David. Of course, he is my grandson! Thank you so much for these postings - it really helps me keep in touch. Love to all, Grandma Jill

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger BroSwoop said…

    I am so happy for the two of you. Lil' David looks so cute!!! I hope to get up to see him sometime soon.

    Cousin Mike

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hey Mike! How are you doing? Drop me an email, it is listed in my profile, so we can keep in touch. Are you on myspace?
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home